Vancouver, BC -- Rapier Gold Inc. (TSX-V: RPR)
(the "Company") is pleased to announce that as per the Company's news release on October 26, 2016 in which two groups of warrants were accelerated, by November 28, 2016 a total of 5,901,200 warrants have now been exercised. The exercise price on each of these warrants was $0.10, representing total cash proceeds to the Company of $590,120.
460,000 of these warrants, or 8%, were exercised by insiders of the Company.
"The Company very much appreciates the ongoing and strong support of its shareholders, represented by the large number of warrants exercised," said Roger Walsh, President and CEO.
Pen Gold Project Summary
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Company’s activities are exclusively focused on exploring the Pen Gold Project, comprising approximately 16,400 hectares (approximately 160 sq km) located on Highway 101, 75 km south west of Timmins, Ontario. (See Appendix 1). The project is approximately 45 km southwest of Tahoe Resources Timmins West Mine and the recently discovered 144 Exploration Area.
- Tahoe Resources (formerly Lakeshore Gold) are conducting an extensive exploration program on 144 Exploration Area, which is outlined in a very comprehensive section of the company’s website http://www.lsgold.com/Mines-Projects-Properties/Review-of-Properties/Timmins-West-complex/144-Gap-Zone-Discovery/default.aspx
- The Pen Gold Project is located approximately 85 km northeast of Goldcorp’s Borden Gold Project. In March 2015 Goldcorp acquired this project in the takeover of Probe Mines for $526 million. Goldcorp are actively advancing the Borden Gold Project as a source of ore for the 11,000 tpd Dome Mill, located 160 km away in Timmins.
- The Pen Gold Project appears to be on the western extension of the Porcupine-Destor Fault Zone (PDFZ), one of the most productive gold structures in the world. This fault zone extends east into Quebec and hosts many of the largest and most famous gold mines in Canada. The Timmins Camp has produced approximately 72.5 million ounces to date.
- Probe Metals recently acquired the Ivanhoe Project located to the west of Rapier’s Pen Gold Project and the West Porcupine and Ross Properties to the east of the Pen Gold Project. Appendix 2
Roger Walsh, President & CEO
Phone: (604) 569-0049
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements: Certain disclosure in this release constitutes forward-looking statements. In making the forward-looking statements in this release, the Company has applied certain factors and assumptions that are based on the Company's current beliefs as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company, including that the Company is able to procure personnel, equipment and supplies required for its exploration activities in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis and that actual results of exploration activities are consistent with management's expectations. Although the Company considers these assumptions to be reasonable based on information currently available to it, they may prove to be incorrect, and the forward-looking statements in this release are subject to numerous risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause future results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Such risk factors include, among others, that actual results of the Company's exploration activities will be different than those expected by management and that the Company will be unable to obtain financing, or will experience delays in obtaining any required government approvals or be unable to procure required equipment and supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to, update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Location of Pen Gold Project between
Tahoe Resources (Lake Shore Gold) 144 Project and Goldcorp's Borden Project
Recent acquisitions by Probe Metals